Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Immovable

My 14-year-old son has undergone quite a transition over the past few years. The cute, chubby little boy that lived in my house a couple of years ago has been replaced by a towering, muscular and extremely strong young man. That little guy who I used to easily pick up, wrestle with or playfully push around can now pick ME up! The other day he decided it would be funny to try and block me from getting into the kitchen. And, you know what? I couldn’t even get him to budge! It might as well have been a brick wall standing in my path!

It’s cool when our faith begins to strengthen like my son’s physique. When we become Christians, many of us are easily swayed. Trials and troubles cause us to lose focus and knock us off balance. But, as time goes by, as we trust God instead of relying on ourselves, our faith develops. Before long, our feet are firmly planted in Him and we are not easily moved. We become living examples of these words from Psalm 16:8, “I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. “

No comments: