Monday, August 8, 2011

If You Can't Take the Heat

It's hot...and I pretty much can’t take it any more! After sweating through a month of temps in the high 90’s, I can’t remember a summer when I was so ready for winter’s frosty return. Even though I can’t see it or feel it, I know that the season will change bringing relief in the form of cooler temperatures. And, that assurance is the only thing getting me through these blazing days.


Believing the season will change in the middle of one of the hottest summers on record, is a great, real-life example of what having faith is all about. Sometimes, our lives can be pretty uncomfortable, unbearable even. But, having faith means fully believing that God is in control, that things will get better and that a heavenly home awaits us, even in the midst of the pain. Even when we can’t feel or see God.

In the meantime, we can cling to the promise of this long-term forecast found in Revelation 21:4 “‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

No comments: