Monday, August 29, 2011

Baggage

Thanks to ever-tightening luggage restrictions being enforced by the major airlines, I’ve learned how to pack a lot of stuff in a little space. I’ve actually developed a real appreciation of traveling with fewer bags. There’s freedom found in traveling light.

Unfortunately, lots of us are weighed down by another kind of baggage…emotional baggage. Just like that poor guy trying to make his way through the airport with 3 or 4 heavy suitcases, emotional baggage makes our journey through life so much more difficult and strenuous.

The good news is that there is a kind Gentleman who wants to help us with our bags…he’s willing to take them from us, freeing us from our burden. His name is Jesus and here is what he has to say to those of us who are still carrying our own bags, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: