Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hear Ye?

Do you sometimes feel like NO ONE is listening to you? You’ve asked the kids to clean their room 3 times and it’s still a mess. Your husband completely forgot the date night you had been planning for months and instead bought tickets to the big game on what was supposed to be your special night. Your boss has, once again, overlooked you for that promotion even though you have expressed your interest in the position several times.


It’s so frustrating to be ignored! But, take heart! There is someone listening, and that someone just so happens to be running the universe. God hears the longings of your heart, the groanings of your agony and the words from your mouth before they are ever even formed. You are not being ignored, in fact, the only one who really matters hears it all.

Be encouraged today by Psalm 116:1-2, “I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.”

No comments: