Friday, April 25, 2008

Made to Love

I am currently in Nashville for GMA week. The highlight of the time is the Dove Awards, it’s sort of like the Grammies of Christian music. So, I’ve decided to use Moment for Mom to dig a little deeper into some of the nominees for song of the year.

One of those songs is Toby Mac’s, “Made to Love.” Toby starts this song describing waking up in the morning and realizing he’s lost his fire, his passion for the Lord…he asks, “What became of the flame that made me feel more?”

I think we all have seasons of feeling distant from God, in need of a spiritual re-awakening. Even King David, a man after God’s own heart struggled with these feelings…In Psalm 10 he says, “Why, O LORD, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?” In Psalm 22, David’s despair is again evident...“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent.”

When we’re feeling like our passion for God has dried up, it’s important to remember that God has not gone anywhere. Most often, we are the ones who have moved away. So, how do we get back to that place of deep relationship with him? I think the answer is to return Him to His proper place in your life…first place. Listen to these words from Proverbs 20: "Love and faithfulness keep a king safe; through love his throne is made secure." When we love the Lord with all of our hearts, minds, souls and strength we secure his throne in our lives.

Toby Mac echoes this idea In Made to Love. He is able return to a place of passion and excitement for the Lord when he realizes that his main purpose in life is to love, and be loved by God. He says, “I feel a breeze cover me called ‘Jehova’”.

Are you ready for that kind of refreshing of your Spirit? Then it’s time to lay it all down at His throne…telling God that you are ready to let Him take over, ready to love and be loved by him.

No comments: