Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Heavenly Hilton

From heaven even the most miserable life will look like one bad night at an inconvenient hotel -- Teresa of Avila
Do you enjoy staying at a hotel? I do. But, ev en lodging at a really nice hotel for a lengthy stay can get old. Eventually, you need something you don’t have or you long for a home cooked meal and even the perk of daily maid service is no longer enough to keep you from wanting to go home.

Our lives are a bit like hotel rooms. Maybe, right now, you are living in the Ritz Carlton. Your room is luxurious and beautiful, all your needs are being met, and the 900 thread count sheets are fab-u-lous! On the other hand, our life today might feel a bit more like an El-Cheapo Motel. Like you’re stuck in a grungy, smelly room where nothing works right and the manager is no where to be found to deal with your complaints. And, what just crawled across the floor?

Either way, whether you feel like you are at the Ritz or in the Pits, it’s a good idea to remember that this life is not really your home. Listen to what Jesus said in John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

So, if you’re struggling with life today, try to remember that this life is just temporary lodging. You have a permanent residence in waiting for you in heaven that is so marvelous your human mind cannot even begin to imagine it.

No comments: